CTI’s engineering and design personnel follow their design projects into the field to coordinate the system calibration and checkout to provide start-up support. We direct hire the instrument technicians or work with the plant’s construction force as required.
Engineering & Technical Services:
- Project Development
- Economic Evaluation of Alternatives
- Budget Estimates
- Milestone Schedules
- Detailed Design
- Instrument Sizing
- Selection of Construction Materials
- Instrument Specifications
- Construction Drawings
- Vendor Pre-qualification
- Instrument RFQ’s
- Bid Evaluation
- Instrument Purchase
- Shop Inspection
- Construction Bid Package Preparation and Evaluation
- Construction Package RFQ’s
- Construction contract administration
- Instrument Calibration
- All test equipment is calibrated and maintained with documentation verifying traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Calibration data sheets are completed to document results.
- Instrument Inspection
- Instrument installations are inspected to ensure compliance with manufacturer recommendations and project documentation.
- Loop Check
- Complete loops are tested from the primary measuring element, through the DCS or controller and back out to the final control element. Loop integrity is verified with respect to signal ranges, signal directions and actions of final control elements. Final loop check forms are completed to document results and the client’s signature on the final loop check forms indicates acceptance of the loop.
- Start-up Support
- We assist plant operations with the process start-up. Our technicians and engineers stand by for instrument trouble-shooting and tuning assistance.
- Hot Cutovers
- Our instrument group is experienced in making major control system modifications on the run without the benefit of a unit shutdown or turnaround.